hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Ravi Prakash <ravi...@ymail.com>
Subject Why is FileSystem.createNonRecursive deprecated?
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 22:18:34 GMT
Hi folks,

I am trying to fix MAPREDUCE-5317. I noticed that the only way through FileSystem to NOT recursively
create directories is through the deprecated method

@deprecated API only for 0.20-append
FileSystem.createNonRecursive.

This has been marked deprecated ever since it was put in by HADOOP-6840. Do we know if we
ever expect to un-deprecate this method? I am trying to find the rationale behind checking
it in as a deprecated method, but haven't been able to find any written record. Does anyone
know?
Thanks
Ravi