hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Colin McCabe <cmcc...@alumni.cmu.edu>
Subject VOTE: HDFS-347 merge
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:48:33 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to merge the HDFS-347 branch back to trunk.  It's been
under intensive review and testing for several months.  The branch
adds a lot of new unit tests, and passes Jenkins as of 2/15 [1]

We have tested HDFS-347 with both random and sequential workloads. The
short-circuit case is substantially faster [2], and overall
performance looks very good.  This is especially encouraging given
that the initial goal of this work was to make security compatible
with short-circuit local reads, rather than to optimize the
short-circuit code path.  We've also stress-tested HDFS-347 on a
number of clusters.

This iniial VOTE is to merge only into trunk.  Just as we have done
with our other recent merges, we will consider merging into branch-2
after the code has been in trunk for few weeks.

Please cast your vote by EOD Sunday 2/24.

best,
Colin McCabe

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-347?focusedCommentId=13579704&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13579704

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-347?focusedCommentId=13551755&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13551755