hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Shouvanik Haldar <shouvanik.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Facing problem with Hadoop M/R Code setup
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 07:06:22 GMT
Hi,
I am newbie to Hadoop M/R. My Problem is:

I have a file(.txt) in hdfs location which contains 5 lines. Each line
represents a hdfs location. Now, I want to read the lines inside Mapper
class and in the Reducer I want to actually work on those files and zip
them using some utility. The zip is the final product which I wish to have.

I had written a standalone code using Hadoop api. But I am out of wits
regarding scaling this program on top of MR.

Please help. Thanks in Advance

--
Thanks,
*Shouvanik*