hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From sanjay Radia <san...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Merge branch-trunk-win to trunk
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 23:08:23 GMT
Java has done the bulk of the work in making Hadoop multi-platform.
Windows specific code is a tiny percentage of the code.
Jeninks support for windows is going help us keep the platform portable going forward.
I expect that the vast majority of new commits have  no problems. I propose that we start
by fixing problems that Jenkins raises but not block new commits for too long if the author
does not have a windows box or if a volunteer does not step up.

View raw message