hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Tsz Wo Sze <szets...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: HDFS-347 merge
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2013 00:23:10 GMT
I still do not see a valid reason to remove HDFS-2246 immediately.  Some users may have insecure
clusters and they don't want to change their configuration.

BTW, is Unix Domain Socket supported by all Unix-like systems?  Does anyone can confirm that
or show some counterexamples?

Tsz-Wo

________________________________
 From: Aaron T. Myers <atm@cloudera.com>
To: "hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; Tsz Wo Sze <szetszwo@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: VOTE: HDFS-347 merge

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Tsz Wo Sze <szetszwo@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Another
>  substantive concern is that HDFS-347 is not as well tested as
> HDFS-2246.  So, we should keep HDFS-2246 around for sometime and remove
> it later.  Is this the usual practice?

I'm proposing we do just that - keep HDFS-2246 around in branch-2 to let
HDFS-347 soak a bit on trunk and then remove HDFS-2246 from branch-2 once
we're confident in HDFS-347 and trunk adds Windows support. As Colin
pointed out, this VOTE has always been about only merging this branch to
trunk.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera