hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From lohit <lohit.vijayar...@gmail.com>
Subject Running Application (YARN) on top of federated NameNode
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 23:14:17 GMT
Hi Devs,

I am trying to understand about cluster setup with Federated NameNodes and
YARN (or MR1) on top of it specifically.
>From federation documentation (
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.23.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/Federation.html)
I can see how each namenode will have its own namespace.
Can somebody help me understand how would YARN work on this. If I have 2
NameServices, how would YARN work with both of them. YARN or clients would
look at fs.defaultFS (which point to one NameService) to resolve to DFS,
right? Is the setup something like YARN and others would connect to one
nameservices (call it top level name service) and admins would setup
symlinks from different nameservcies to this top level name service?

Thanks,
Lohit