hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From lohit <lohit.vijayar...@gmail.com>
Subject HDFS HA with HDFS Federation
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 20:08:23 GMT
Hi Devs,

I am trying to test HDFS Federation and HDFS HA on same cluster.
My setup has 2 federated NameNodes out of which only one NameNode is in HA
mode.
It looks like all configs has good structure to distinguish between the
namenode.
For example dfs.namenode.rpc-address.cluster.namenode is kind of unique.
This enables me to have same hdfs-site.xml across all nodes on cluster.
But some configs like  dfs.namenode.shared.edits.dir does not have this
property.
This forces me to have different hdfs-site.xml on different nodes.
Has anyone run into this situation? Any suggestions to overcome this?

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit