hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Rozov" <v.ro...@comcast.net>
Subject MiniDFSCluster
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 17:42:10 GMT
There are few methods on MiniDFSCluster class that are declared as static (getBlockFile, getStorageDirPath),
though as long as MiniDFSCluster is not a singleton they should be instance methods not class
methods. In my tests I see that starting second instance of MiniDFSCluster invalidates the
first instance if I don’t change cluster base directory (existing data directory is fully
deleted), but at the same time static declaration of getBlockFile and getStorageDirPath does
not allow base directory to be changed without affecting functionality.

Thank you,

Vlad