hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From v.ro...@comcast.net
Subject Re: MiniDFSCluster
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 22:28:09 GMT

Thanks Colin. I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3892 . I'll look into it.

Thank you,

Vlad

----- Original Message -----

From: "Colin McCabe" <cmccabe@alumni.cmu.edu>
To: hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:19:37 PM
Subject: Re: MiniDFSCluster

Hi Vlad,

I think you might be on to something.  File a JIRA?

It should be a simple improvement, I think.

cheers,
Colin

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Vladimir Rozov <v.rozov@comcast.net> wrote:
> There are few methods on MiniDFSCluster class that are declared as static (getBlockFile,
getStorageDirPath), though as long as MiniDFSCluster is not a singleton they should be instance
methods not class methods. In my tests I see that starting second instance of MiniDFSCluster
invalidates the first instance if I don’t change cluster base directory (existing data directory
is fully deleted), but at the same time static declaration of getBlockFile and getStorageDirPath
does not allow base directory to be changed without affecting functionality.