hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From wei xu <sqlxwei...@gmail.com>
Subject A question about the namenode's decision on the data placement of a new file
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 22:33:30 GMT
Hi,

I am doing some research on the data placement, but I am not quite familiar
with the Hadoop, is there any one who can tell me when a new file be added
into the HDFS, which function will be called by namenode to make a decision
on the allocation ( I mean, if there has a list of datanodes and the file
might be larger than 64MB, that is, several blocks may be included. What's
the function that decide the placement of those blocks to those datanode?)

Thanks for any help you provided!