hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From James Kinley <jamesrobertkin...@gmail.com>
Subject NameNode rollEdidLog: removing storage
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:16:40 GMT
Hi,

Our production cluster started reporting "too many open files" this
afternoon and subsequently was unable to save any snapshots to disk.
We have been able to recover it ok, but I would have expected the NN
to complain more if it cannot save a snapshot. All I saw in the log
was...

"WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage: rollEdidLog:
removing storage <local dir>"
"WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage: rollEdidLog:
removing storage <nfs dir>"

Do you think this should trigger the NN to enter safe mode. The longer
this goes un-noticed, the more data could be lost if the NN cannot be
recovered?

Regards,

James.