hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandre Beche <Alexandre.Be...@cern.ch>
Subject Add getDatanodeReport function to libhdfs
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:56:39 GMT
Hi everyone,

We are currently working on a distributed file system and we are aiming to integrate hdfs
to it.
The libhdfs is quite complete for our use-case. However we miss a key function: a function
that retrieves all datanodes of the cluster.

We would like to submit a patch to add this function to the library. This patch could include
a new data type (hdfsNamenode) with their associated method to instantiate and free it and
the hdfsGetDatanodes.

An other idea: starting from the hdfsFS, can I write a function to retrieve the Namenode of
that FS? (if yes, which function to use? getServerDefault)

Do you have any comment? Do you think this kind of patch could be accepted (if no why?)

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,

Alexandre Beche
CERN / IT-GT-DMS