hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT] - [VOTE] Rename hadoop branches post hadoop-1.x
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:39:38 GMT
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Todd Lipcon <todd@cloudera.com> wrote:

But new features also go to trunk. And if none of our new features are
> incompatible, why do we anticipate that trunk is 3.0?

Let's imagine that we already had a 2.0.0 release. Now we want to add
features like HA. The only place to put that is in 2.1.0. On the other
hand, you don't want to pull *ALL* of the changes from trunk. That is way
too much scope. So the RM of the 2 branch needs to make the call of what
should be 2.1 vs 3.0.

-- Owen