hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Tareq Aljabban <dee.jay23...@gmail.com>
Subject libhdfs process fork problem
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 04:38:06 GMT
Hi,
I'm using libhdfs C interface to access HDFS.
The application accessing HDFS has a master process that forks many
processes, and these processes try to connect to HDFS.
Upon connection, one of the processes is exiting as soon as it reaches the
hdfsConnect().
I tried simulating this behavior by creating a separate application where
the master process forks two processes that connect to HDFS and send
requests.. this worked without any problem.. so I got confused.. what's
really causing the connection problems then?
Any insights on this is much appreciated.