hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron T. Myers" <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] - [VOTE] Rename hadoop branches post hadoop-1.x
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:59:52 GMT
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Todd Lipcon <todd@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Proposal: is it possible to call the JIRA fixVersion "trunk", and then
> when we branch off trunk to make a release, rename it at that point to
> "2.1" or "3.0" or whatever it gets called?

I like this idea. Just to be clear, I think the exact workflow would be:

1. Set the version fields to "trunk" if you're not committing the JIRA to
any current versioned branch.
2. When a new release branch is made off of trunk, rename the "trunk" JIRA
version to whatever the appropriate version number is.
3. At the same time as (2), create a new JIRA version also called "trunk".
4. Go to 1.

Is this what you were thinking, Todd?

--
Aaron T. Myers