hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jitendra Pandey <jiten...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Merging the HA branch to trunk - Wednesday, February 29th
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 06:05:31 GMT
That's a great plan! We have also been running tests and performance
benchmarks for some time now, and the HA branch seems to be in decent shape
to be merged back to the trunk. I had a merge-patch to do some pre-merge
testing, which I have uploaded on the jira, but I agree we should wait for
these blocker jiras as well before the merge.


On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Aaron T. Myers <atm@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hello HDFS devs,
> Work has largely stabilized on the HA-branch in the last few weeks. At this
> point the HA NN project is nearly feature-complete for manual failover.
> We've been running the full test suite nightly, and all automated tests
> have been passing, except for one known test failure which should be fixed
> shortly.
> I'd like to begin the process of merging this branch back to HDFS trunk.
> There are still several outstanding sub-JIRAs under the HDFS-1623 and
> HADOOP-7454 umbrella JIRAs, but most of these are either nice-to-haves or
> relate to supporting automatic failover. Once the branch is merged to
> trunk, work on these JIRAs can continue there.
> I've identified the following JIRAs which I think should be the only
> remaining blockers for merging to trunk:
> HDFS-2904 - Client support for getting delegation tokens in an HA cluster
> HDFS-2920 - Fix remaining TODOs in the code from HA. Mostly little cleanup
> stuff.
> HDFS-2958 - Sweep for remaining proxy construction which doesn't go through
> failover path
> HDFS-2979 - Balancer should use logical URI for creating failover proxy
> (will fix the only current test failure)
> All of these JIRAs should be fixed in the next few days.
> I propose that, unless more blocker issues are discovered in the interim,
> we merge this branch to trunk one week from today, i.e. Wednesday, February
> 29th. During this time we will also execute the test plans described in the
> test documents attached to HDFS-1623 to try to identify any regressions or
> performance issues in the branch. If you plan to review the code changes or
> the test plan, I ask that you please do so as soon as possible.
> Feedback is certainly welcome on this plan.
> Thanks a lot,
> Aaron
> --
> Aaron T. Myers
> Software Engineer, Cloudera


  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message