hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Merging the HA branch to trunk - Wednesday, February 29th
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 02:08:22 GMT
Hi folks,

I had the chance today to run some performance benchmarks on one of
Cloudera's 100 node test clusters. I've posted the results to the
JIRA, but the summary is that I think we need to do a bit more
optimization of the persistBlocks edit log entries before we merge.

That said, I think there are a couple easy wins that should bring
performance back in line with trunk, which I expect to complete by
early next week.

Please continue reviewing the branch so that when the optimizations
have been made, we can proceed with a merge.

-Todd