hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Hadoop OSGi compliant and Apache Karaf features
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 14:25:53 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm working right now to turn Hadoop as an OSGi compliant set of modules.

I've more or less achieved the first step:
- turn all Hadoop modules (common, annotations, hdfs, mapreduce, etc) as
OSGi bundle
- provide a Karaf features descriptor to easily deploy it into Apache
Karaf OSGi container

I will upload the patches on the different Jira related to that.

The second step that I propose is to introduce blueprint descriptor in
order to expose some Hadoop features as OSGi services.
It won't affect the "non-OSGi" users but give lot of fun and interest
for OSGi users ;)

WDYT ?

Regards
JB

PS: the Jira issues are HADOOP-6484, HADOOP-7977, MAPREDUCE-243. It
would be great if someone can assign it to me (easier to track it).
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org