hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: how to select the position of a block
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 05:01:26 GMT
Moving discussion to hdfs-dev.

DataNodes report disk usage (space) and current transfer thread counts (load) periodically
to the NameNode. NameNode uses this information to make a decision while building the pipeline
DNs for your client request. I believe the class is called something like ReplicationTargetChooser
(off the top of my mind), and you can take a look at the logic involved there in selecting
any form of node (isGoodTarget or summat). Then work your way downwards to see how the information
flows.

On 07-Dec-2011, at 8:36 AM, 郭冲 wrote:

> Hadoop:The Definitive Guide  said that when the client is out of the cluster, hadoop
will select the storage position of a block randomly,but it will not select the datanode which
is too busy or too full.