hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From kartheek muthyala <kartheek0...@gmail.com>
Subject Directories in the volume
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:25:58 GMT
Hi all,
When we set the hadoop configuration, we specify a storage directory path.
Once we start running the cluster, we see some directories getting created
inside that specified path.
Current, Detach, tmp, storage.
1. Current directory is the actual storage directory, which is in
accordance with the namespace of the datanode.
2. tmp directory is a temporary directory used for creating Blocks
temporarily in this directory. And when finalized these blocks are moved to
current directory.
3. storage is a file which encodes the storageID of the volume.
*4. Detach:Any idea why this directory is maintained?*
*
*
Correct me, if i am wrong in interpreting the functionality's of the other
directories.

Thanks,
Kartheek.