hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From <Milind.Bhandar...@emc.com>
Subject Long running tests failure
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 21:29:25 GMT
Folks,

When running TestLargeBlock and TestBalancer, which tend to take a long
time to run on my dev box, I get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.6:test (default-test) on
project hadoop-hdfs: Error while executing forked tests.; nested exception
is
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.shade.org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.Command
LineTimeOutException: Error while executing external command, process
killed. Process timeout out after 900 seconds -> [Help 1]

How do you set the timeout to be 1 hour instead of default 900 seconds ?

(Other option is to buy a supercomputer as a dev environment for hadoop,
but thought I should try asking the dev list first ;-)

- milind

---
Milind Bhandarkar
Greenplum Labs, EMC
(Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author, and
do not necessarily represent the views of any organization, past or
present, the author might be affiliated with.)