hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Changing artifact version in common and HDFS on HA branch?
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:36:23 GMT
Now that I'm switching between the HA branch and trunk on a regular
basis, I'm finding it very error prone to deal with the two different
versions of the common artifact - eg I have to rebuild and install
common each time I switch branches, and make sure I use
-Dresolvers=internal on the HA branch. I also can't seem to get
test-patch to work on HA branch anymore, since it always pulls the
trunk common artifact.

I think an easy way to resolve this is to change the version number in
the HA branch to something like 0.23.0H-SNAPSHOT, so that it has its
own distinct set of artifacts.
Does this seem reasonable? Or am I the only one who is having the above issues?

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera