hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Vijju Reddy <vjru...@yahoo.com>
Subject persistant data structures storage
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:02:40 GMT

hello,

I am M Vijender Reddy from Indian Institute of
Science(IISc),Bangalore. Under the guidance of my professor,Mr Y N
Srikant i am working on the hdfs file system. I want to know whether there is a option in
hdfs to store the persistant data structures like a very big tree and make the other nodes
to access that data structure.i also want to know the metadata format stored by a NameNode
for each file. Can you tell me how to know the internal details of hdfs in a keen way.

thank you,
vijender reddy