hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Kirk True <k...@mustardgrain.com>
Subject Re: How to run HDFS from source?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 00:15:28 GMT
Should running ./bin/hdfs from the source root work?

I get these errors:

     [kirk@bubbas apache]$ ./bin/hdfs namenode
     ./bin/hdfs: line 154: cygpath: command not found
     ./bin/hdfs: line 177: exec: : not found

I can hack around the latter by setting the JAVA env var up first:

     export JAVA=$JAVA_HOME/bin/java

Still, I get this:

     [kirk@bubbas apache]$ ./bin/hdfs namenode
     ./bin/hdfs: line 154: cygpath: command not found
org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/namenode/NameNode
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode
     Could not find the main class:
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.  Program will exit.

This is after running a build (`ant compile`) on the source.

I can dig into it, but I'm wondering if running from source/stand-alone
like this is even expected to work.

-- Kirk