hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From "MattDeans" <matthewde...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: Re: How to build facebook-hadoop?
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 01:34:13 GMT

Hi, dhruba
Thanks, would you please tell me this github mailing list ? I cannot found it...

By the way, is it OK if I ask question about build avatarnode with AvatarNode.20.patch from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-976 ?

I've downloaded hadoop-0.20.2 and patched this AvatarNode.20.patch, and successful build it
using and only using 'ant package' (is this all I should do? I'm pretty new to JAVA.). I supposed
to get avatarnode in build/hadoop-0.20.3-dev. But the code from build/hadoop-0.20.3-dev looks
like the same as hadoop original 0.20.2...
Did I miss something here?

Thanks.

2011-06-15

MattDeans

发件人: Dhruba Borthakur
发送时间: 2011-06-15  00:46:58
收件人: hdfs-dev
抄送:
主题: Re: How to build facebook-hadoop?

Hi Matt,
This part of the code is not part of any Apache release, so you won't be
able to get any support from this list. I would suggest that your best bet
would be to participate in the github based mailing lists itself. Also, that
code release is not a "distribution", so I won't be surprised if you do not
get any support from developers.
thanks,
dhruba