hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Sreehari G <sreehar...@huawei.com>
Subject HDFS-903 - Backupnode always downloading image from Namenode after this change
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 08:08:32 GMT
Hi all ,

In HDFS-903 - ( md5 verification of fsimage ) , with this change ,
Backupnode is downloading the image & edit files from namenode everytime
since the difference in checkpoint time is always maintined b/w Namenode and
Backupnode . This happens since Namenode is resetting its checkpoint time
everytime since we are ignoring renewCheckpointTime and passing true
explicitly to rollFsimage during endcheckpoint ..

Also , though a proposal for using md5 to decide whether to download image
is also mentioned , it doesnt seeem to be implemented ..

Isn't this downloading of image everytime a problem or am I missing
something ?

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD. huawei_logo

Solitaire
Domlur
Bangalore
www.huawei.com
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use of the
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
total or partial
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by