hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Srinivas <sures...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject [Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 16:48:30 GMT
A few weeks ago, I had sent an email about the progress of HDFS federation development in HDFS-1052
branch. I am happy to announce that all the tasks related to this feature development is complete
and it is ready to be integrated into trunk.

I have a merge patch attached to HDFS-1052 jira. All Hudson tests pass except for two test
failures. We will fix these unit test failures in trunk, post merge. I plan on completing
merge to trunk early next week. I would like to do this ASAP to avoid having to keep the patch
up to date (which has been time consuming). This also avoids need for re-merging, due to SVN
changes proposed by Nigel, scheduled late next week. Comments are welcome.

Regards,
Suresh