hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:36:44 GMT
Hey Suresh,

Do you plan to update the patch on HDFS-1052 soon?  Trunk has moved on
a little bit since the last patch.  I assume we vote on the patch
there. I think additional review feedback (beyond what's already been
done) can be handled after the code is merged, I know what a pain it
is to keep a patch out of mainline.  What I've looked at so far looks
great btw.

For those of you who missed the design doc you should check it out:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12442372/Mulitple+Namespaces5.pdf

Thanks,
Eli

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Suresh Srinivas <sureshms@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> A few weeks ago, I had sent an email about the progress of HDFS federation development
in HDFS-1052 branch. I am happy to announce that all the tasks related to this feature development
is complete and it is ready to be integrated into trunk.

> I have a merge patch attached to HDFS-1052 jira. All Hudson tests pass except for two
test failures. We will fix these unit test failures in trunk, post merge. I plan on completing
merge to trunk early next week. I would like to do this ASAP to avoid having to keep the patch
up to date (which has been time consuming). This also avoids need for re-merging, due to SVN
changes proposed by Nigel, scheduled late next week. Comments are welcome.