hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:33:19 GMT
On Apr 27, 2011, at 10:12 PM, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:

> The question is whether this is a
> * Code Change,
> which requires Lazy consensus of active committers or a
> * Adoption of New Codebase,
> which needs Lazy 2/3 majority of PMC members

This is a code change, just like all of our jiras. The standard rules of at least one +1 on
the jira and no -1's apply.

Adoption of new codebase is adopting a new subproject or completely replacing trunk.

> Lazy consensus requires 3 binding +1 votes and no binding vetoes.

This was clarified in the bylaws back in November.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-general/201011.mbox/%3C159E99C4-B71C-437E-9640-AA24C50D636E@apache.org%3E

Where it was modified to:

Lazy consensus of active committers, but with a minimum of
one +1. The code can be committed after the first +1.

-- Owen