hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Aastha Mehta <aasth...@gmail.com>
Subject Transport endpoint not connected
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:44:17 GMT
Hi,

I mounted a fuse-dfs instance on an hdfs formatted namenode. I used:
sudo sh fuse_dfs_wrapper.sh dfs://aastha-desktop:9000 /media/myDrive/newhdfs

while this command is executed successfully, I get the "Transport endpoint
not connected" error when i try to perform cd /media/myDrive/newhdfs.
I am connected to the server hosting my VM through a VPN. I want to clarify
whether the error is due to running the commands over a VPN rather than LAN.
What could be other sources of this error? I sometimes run into this problem
even while I am connected on a LAN.

Thanks,

Aastha.

--