hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <had...@holsman.net>
Subject That append patch in 0.20
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 18:49:09 GMT
Hey guys.

I was speaking to some people a couple of nights ago, and we came up with an idea about it
(which I'm sure has been mentioned before so apologies beforehand).

could we make append a configuration option. either at build or at run time.

that way we could let alot of the hbase users run off the same codebase and not have them
patch it themselves.

sure.. we will still have the same testing issues, and debates on if it is stable or properly
tested.. we can put big warning messages in the documentation on when people should be using
it.. but at least they could get a regular build
and run it.

so.. the question to the experts.. can the append patch be made into a configuration option
such that if people don't have it enabled it won't affect them.

Thanks for listening

--ian