hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Koji Noguchi <knogu...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: NameNode Zookeeper Integration
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:23:17 GMT
Hi.

If you subscribe to zookeeper mailinglist, you would see a hdfs developer working on bookeeper
recently.

Probably related.

Koji

On 1/11/11 11:35 PM, "mac fang" <mac.hadoop@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, all,

I am NOT sure if there any plan or issues of integrating Zookeeper and
NameNode to resolve the Single Point issue of NameNode. With it, the
DataNodes dont  need to be restarted. I think this can improve the
availability of the whole cluster. I heard there is a plan for JobTracker
and TaskTracker, but i dont know if there is the one for HDFS. Currently, i
am working on it. :)

Any issues or comments are welcome.

regards
macf