hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Srinivas <sures...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: BlockInfo::triplets
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:57:49 GMT
triplets[i%3] is used to store the reference of datanode where the block replica is stored.

The datanode maintains a link list of blocks. The next two object entries are used for storing
the next and previous block references of link list for that datanode. This organization is
done to reduce the memory used for storing the link list.