hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From André Oriani <ra078...@students.ic.unicamp.br>
Subject BlockInfo::triplets
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:20:52 GMT
Hi,

I am studying how block reports are processed, but I am not sure if I
understood how BlockInfo::triplets are used by DatanodeDescriptors and
BlocksMap.

That's what I understood:

For each Block, triplets[i] with i%3==0, gives the datanodes that are
storing the block. New datanodes are inserted in the end of array.

triplests[i+1] and triplets[i+2] are respectively the previous and next
blocks of the current one in the linked list of blocks held by datanode
triplets[i]. DatanodeDescriptor::blockList is actually is the head node of
the list.

Is it correct ?

Thanks,
André