hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: meaning of LEASE_RECOVER_PERIOD
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:54:21 GMT
Hi Thanh,

It's a little bit of a hack - basically, this is a time that determines how
often lease recovery can be re-initiated in the NN. The assumption is that
if a recovery attempt has not completed within LEASE_RECOVERY_PERIOD, it can
be retried using a different DN as the "primary" (ie recovery coordinator)

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera