hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Zhang <zjf...@gmail.com>
Subject Source Code Question about blockReport
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 05:59:11 GMT
Hi Hadoop Devs,

I have one question about the blockReport DataNode send to NameNode. I
think NameNode get the blockReport from DataNode, then it can tell
DataNode which block is invalid and which block should be replicated,
But I look at the source code of method blockReport of NameNode, it
always returns DatanodeCommand.FINALIZE or null. it makes me confused
here. Could anybody help me understand what's the meaning of the code
here ? And how does the NameNode tell DataNode which block should be
delete ? Thanks for your help.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang