hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias N. Sasse" <t...@byte23.de>
Subject Re: HDFS Client under Windows
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2009 21:26:15 GMT
Hi Amr,

I am planning to integrate the HDFS libraries into a program, which runs
on a variety of platforms. A major requirement is not to install any
tools, and to not use any form of virtualization or emulation. So the
base system is not touchable for me - I have to deal with what is there.
And that is only a JVM.

So my need is to have a statement if the HDFS Libs runs on Windows or
not, it's bad if not, but that's ok also - I am just looking for a
definite answer to this problem.

Thanks for the hint to Cloudera Desktop, but that is not solving my
problem sadly.

HTH,
Tobi