hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias N. Sasse" <t...@byte23.de>
Subject Re: HDFS Client under Windows
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 07:30:11 GMT
Thanks for that Info!

I have to work on the stable version, thus I need to know if this is
possible with the actual version (and if yes - which tweaks are necessary).

What I figured out is that you can specify the user/group login name
upfront within the conf, thus the hdfs client does not have to execute
any "whois" command or unix specific stuff.

So I guess if there is a patch it will be working with future releases.
But what about 0.18, 0.19 and 0.20?

Thanks for all further input on that,

Tobi