hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arpit Agarwal <aagar...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 3.0.0 GA is released
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2017 18:32:46 GMT
That makes sense for Beta users but most of our users will be upgrading from a previous GA
release and the changelog will mislead them. The webpage does not mention this is a delta
from the beta release.

From: Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
Date: Friday, December 15, 2017 at 10:36 AM
To: Arpit Agarwal <aagarwal@hortonworks.com>
Cc: general <general@hadoop.apache.org>, "common-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>,
"yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org>, "mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org"
<mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org>, "hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 3.0.0 GA is released

Hi Arpit,

If you look at the release announcements, it's made clear that the changelog for 3.0.0 is
diffed based on beta1. This is important since users need to know what's different from the
previous 3.0.0-* releases if they're upgrading.

I agree there's additional value to making combined release notes, but it'd be something additive
rather than replacing what's there.

Best,
Andrew

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 8:27 AM, Arpit Agarwal <aagarwal@hortonworks.com<mailto:aagarwal@hortonworks.com>>