hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Suresh Srinivas <sur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Relationship of issues in Jira
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2015 05:14:23 GMT
Albert,

Jira has a way to create subtasks. This is not captured through linking of two jiras but as
parent child relationship. Example, see - https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/HDFS-7285
and its sub-tasks.

Regards,
Suresh

Sent from phone

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 4:33 PM -0800, "C Albert Thompson" <gmail@c.albert-thompson.com<mailto:gmail@c.albert-thompson.com>>
wrote:

I am a researcher at UBC I am trying to understand relationships between the issues in HADOOP
Jira issue repository.
There are 20 possible relationships shown below. I want to understand for HADOOP what is the
hierarchy of issues. For example, if you are given an issue and you want to break it down
into sub-issues would you label the sub-issues with “blocks" or "is blocked by"?  Or are
the possible relationships parallel?

In the following possible relationships found in HADOOP. I consider

A       'incorporates'          B
C       'relates to’            D
E       'requires'                      F
G       'blocks'                        H
I       'contains'                      J
K       'breaks'                        L
M       'depends upon'  N
O       'supercedes’            P
Q       'duplicates'            R
S       'is a clone of'         T

Here is the same list but with the reverse of the previous list.

B       'is part of'                            A
D       'is related to'                 C
F       'is required by'                        E
H       'is blocked by'                 G
J       'Is contained by'               I
L       'is broken by'                  K
N       'is depended upon by'   M
P       'is superceded by'              O
R       'is duplicated by'              Q
T       'is cloned as’                  S

For A-S Wich would be the issue? and which ones would be considered the sub-issues?