hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Patch review process
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 21:51:03 GMT
On 26 January 2015 at 02:03, Tsz Wo (Nicholas), Sze <
s29752-hadoopgeneral@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> I would like to (re)start a discussion regrading to our patch review
> process.  A similar discussion has been happened in a the hadoop private
> mailing list, which is inappropriate.

owning up to me starting that discussion, but it was originally a
meta-discussion "I want to start discussing this problem on common-dev" ...
just get some agreement that we all felt there was a problem. I believe
that is the case.

> Here is the problem:The patch available queues become longer and longer.
> It seems that we never can catch up.  There are patches sitting in the
> queues for years.  How could we speed up?

If anyone want's to join in in this discussion, we've moved it to the
common-dev@hadoop.apache.org list.  Please join in.

-Steve

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE