hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Simone Leo <simone....@crs4.it>
Subject Pydoop 0.12.0
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 13:17:20 GMT
Hello everyone,

we're happy to announce that we have just released Pydoop 0.12.0
(http://pydoop.sourceforge.net).

The main changes with respect to the previous version are:
  * support for YARN in CDH
  * explicit support for CDH 4.4 and 4.5

Mauro Del Rio has done all the work for this release.

As usual, we're happy to receive your feedback on the forum:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydoop/forums/forum/990018

Pydoop is a Python MapReduce and HDFS API for Hadoop, built upon the C++
Pipes and the C libhdfs APIs, that allows to write full-fledged
MapReduce applications with HDFS access. Pydoop has been maturing nicely
and is currently in production use at CRS4 as we have a few scientific
projects that are based on it, including Seal
(http://biodoop-seal.sourceforge.net), Biodoop-BLAST
(http://biodoop.sourceforge.net/blast), VISPA
(https://github.com/crs4/vispa) and more yet to be released.

Links: