hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Info <i...@lambdoop.com>
Subject Lambdoop - We are hiring! CTO-Founder2Be based in Madrid, Spain
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:02:29 GMT
Dear all,

At Lambdoop we are building a BigData middleware with a simple Java API for building Big Data
applications using any processing paradigm: long-running (batch) tasks, streaming (real-time)
processing and hybrid computation models (Lambda Architecture). No MapReduce coding, streaming
topology processing or complex NoSQL management. No synchronization or aggregation issues.
Just Lambdoop!

More info to come at lambdoop.com

Job description:
Due to our next official launch, we are looking to hire a talented Chief Technology Officer
with experience working in a start-up environment. Our engineering team has been hardly working
on implementing our initial product and now we are ready to launch and grow a new innovative
BigData company that will make BigData application development easier and faster. With our
ultimate goal to make our customers have better use of data, simplifying the way they create
valuable insights from they sparse data sources.

You will be responsible for building and leading our engineering team, setting the product
strategy and roadmap. While this will be the main activity, our next CTO should be willing
to get his hands on the products, writing code, solving problems and prototyping new functionalities.
You will be providing technical guidance and direction to our entire engineering team. Ideally
this individual will propose innovative solutions and explore new ways of increase the value
we provide to our customers.

We are looking for a CTO- founder to be - based in Madrid, Spain. W e offer competitive salary
and strong benefits, (equity included). We offer a very innovative work culture, within a
passionate team willing to make the difference.

If you are intersted, please drop us an email at in fo@lambdoop.com and tell us about you.

Required Skills

•PhD/MS Computer Science - Software Engineering
•Strong OOP skills, ability to analyze requirements and prepare design
•Strong background in Architecture Design, especially in parallel and distributed processing
systems
•Demonstrated track building SW solutions and products, preferably in the data analytics
space, in another successful start-up or well-respected technology company
•Hands on experience with common open-source and JEE technologies
•Knowledge on cloud environments (AWS, Google, ...)
•Team-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal, planning, coordination, and problem-finding
skills. Ability to prioritize and assign tasks throughout the team.
•High degree of initiative and the ability to work independently and follow-through on assignments.

Big Data experience

•Hadoop (HDFS, MapReduce, YARN)
•Batch technologies (Hive, Pig, Cascading)
•NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra, Redis)
•Real-time processing (Storm, Trident)
•Related tools (Avro, Sqoop, Flume)
•Machine Learning (Mahout, SAMOA)
Personal skills

•Strong communication capabilities in Spanish and English (both written and verbal)
•Result oriented capable to work under tight deadlines
•Motivated
•Open minded
•A passion to learn and to make a difference
Thanks .
The Lambdoop team
la mbdoop.com
@infoLambdoop