hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "pavan" <pavan.danthul...@gmail.com>
Subject hadoop setup
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 02:55:01 GMT
Hi ,

I am very new to Hadoop. I am trying to run few sample prog. In Standalone
(or local) mode. I have installed Cygwin in my windows machine. I am trying
to run the command "hadoop version" to verify whether hadoop installed
successfully or not. I have downloaded hadoop-2.2.0 version.

I have downloaded hadoop :  C:\Users\Pavan\Downloads\

I tried to setup the PATH variable in Cygwin as below

$ echo $JAVA_HOME

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_32

$ export HADOOP_INSTALL=/cygdrive/c/Users/Pavan/Downloads/hadoop

I am trying to run the command "hadoop version" and end up with the
following error. Please help me in resolving this error.

$ hadoop version

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/util/VersionInfo

Could not find the main class: org.apache.hadoop.util.VersionInfo.  Program

Exception in thread "main"

Pavan Kumar D