hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Nan Zhu <zhunans...@gmail.com>
Subject dynamically resizing Hadoop cluster on AWS?
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 03:11:24 GMT
Hi, all

I’m running a Hadoop cluster on AWS EC2,

I would like to dynamically resizing the cluster so as to reduce the cost, is there any solution
to achieve this?

E.g. I would like to cut the cluster size with a half, is it safe to just shutdown the instances
(if some tasks are just running on them, can I rely on the speculative execution to re-run
them on other nodes?)

I cannot use EMR, since I’m running a customized version of Hadoop

Best,

--
Nan Zhu
School of Computer Science,