hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Forrest Aldrich <for...@gmail.com>
Subject Cloudera
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 22:14:12 GMT
I've been asked to look into Cloudera, for sake of management and
visualization tools, etc.   We are presently using an older Hadoop API
0.x which will require a lot of recoding.   But for the time being, I'm
doing some looking around.

I've not been able to get any reply from Cloudera -- I work for a major
*.edu in the Boston region, and I'm surprised they haven't jumped on the
call.  When I call them, I get voicemail -- they don't answer email or
phone calls.   Has me and my manager seriously wondering.

In any case, I'm curious if anyone can advise me on this, or perhaps
some alternatives - I have looked around, some of the articles I found
are older, but most seem to be pleased with Cloudera's offering.   We
also want the tech support.

(Note:  I'm just looking for advice and pointers, this isn't intended to
be critical of anyone)

Thanks in advance....