hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jagat Singh <jagatsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unclear Hadoop 2.1X documentation
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 09:18:43 GMT
Hello Mahmoud

You can run on your machine also.

I learnt everything on my 3gb 2ghz machine and recently got better machine.

If you follow this post below you should be able to install and run hadoop
in 30 mins.

If your machine is not linux then i suggest you to download virtualbox ,
give it 1400mb ram and start ubuntu in it.

Then just follow steps here.

http://jugnu-life.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/hadoop-20-install-tutorial-023x.html

Thanks,

Jagat