hadoop-general mailing list archives

From rajeshbabu chintaguntla <rajeshbabu.chintagun...@huawei.com>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Secondary Index in HBase - from Huawei
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 06:19:51 GMT
Hi,

We have been working on implementing secondary index in HBase, and had shared an overview
of our design in the 2012  Hadoop Technical Conference at Beijing(http://bit.ly/hbtc12-hindex).
We are pleased to open source it today.

The project is available on github.
  https://github.com/Huawei-Hadoop/hindex

It is 100% Java, compatible with Apache HBase 0.94.8, and is open sourced under Apache Software
License v2.

Following features are supported currently.
-          multiple indexes on table,
-          multi column index,
-          index based on part of a column value,
-          equals and range condition scans using index, and
-          bulk loading data to indexed table (Indexing done with bulk load)

We now plan to raise HBase JIRA(s) to make it available in Apache release, and can hopefully
continue our work on this in the community.

Regards
Rajeshbabu