hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stable release of 1.2
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 22:56:04 GMT
Waldyn, did you not receive my post to the list before lunch? (see below)
The delay was caused because I've been fixing the ability to build rpms
instead of just tarballs, which is currently broken in CentOS6.
--Matt

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matt Foley <mattf@apache.org>
Date: Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: Questions about release plans
To: "general@hadoop.apache.org" <general@hadoop.apache.org>

Hi Waldyn,
I'm about to put out a Hadoop 1.2.1 release candidate, within the next day
or so, which will hopefully be accepted as the new "stable" release.  Then
I'll do a 1.3.0 from current branch-1, which will become the new beta.

Thanks,
--Matt

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Benbenek, Waldyn J <
Waldyn.Benbenek@unisys.com> wrote:

> Greetings,

> Hadoop 1.2.0 is listed as a beta release.  Is there any idea as to when an
> official ( that is, non-beta) release is scheduled.

> Thanks,

> Wally Benbenek

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Benbenek, Waldyn J <