hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bringing Hadoop to Fedora
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 20:02:41 GMT
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Tim St Clair <tstclair@redhat.com> wrote:
> Greetings Hadoop Development Community,
>
> As some of you are aware, we've been looking to bring the upstream 2.X series into the
Fedora channels.

That's pretty awesome! Now, here's a couple question I've got:
   1. is your focus exclusively on Hadoop or would you want to bring
   Hadoop ecosystem projects into Fedora as well?

   2. since Hadoop is fundamentally a distributed application what
   are you plans wrt. deployment mechanism? Do you guys envision
   anything along the lines of juju?

   3. can you elaborate a little bit on how do you see this effort leveraging
   Apache Bigtop?

Thanks,
Roman.